Ukrainian Delegation to Visit California with the Goal to Raise Support and Awareness About Russia’s Ongoing Aggression Against Ukraine
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sacramento, California (November 28, 2023) - California is set to welcome esteemed members of the Ukrainian delegation on November 29th and 30th, representing a high-level initiative aimed at garnering support and raising awareness about the ongoing crisis in Ukraine. The visit, authorized by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, seeks to engage California's political, business, educational, and religious communities in solidarity with Ukraine, while highlighting the unjustified full-scale invasion perpetrated by Russia.
As part of this crucial engagement, SOL Church, in partnership with Ukrainian American House and the Consulate General of Ukraine, will host a public event on Thursday, November 30, starting at 6 pm, providing an opportunity for the Californian community to meet and hear directly from the esteemed members of the delegation. The group of distinguished guests set to attend include:
- Iryna Vereshchuk – Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Reintegration and Occupied Territories of Ukraine (subject to confirmation)
- Oleksandr Kovalchuk - Member of Parliament
- Maria Mezentseva - Member of Parliament
- Olena Khomenko – Member of Parliament
- Dmytro Kushneruk - Consul General of Ukraine in San Francisco
- Igor Bandura - Vice President of the All-Ukrainian Union of Evangelical Christian-Baptists
- Ivan Matkovskyi – A child, kidnapped by Russians and subsequently returned by Ukraine
- Maxym Boiko – A child, kidnapped by Russians and subsequently returned by Ukraine
- Anton Bilai
- Volodymyr Dobrianskyi – A farmer from the Kherson region who has suffered from the war
The delegation will embark on this visit to foster support and understanding about Ukraine's situation, shedding light on the continued aggression from Russia. Individuals are encouraged to stay updated on the latest developments during this visit and are welcome to reach out for additional information.
For further details or media inquiries regarding this visit or to RSVP, please contact Caroleana Kvaterchuk Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Ukrainian American House (UA House):
Ukrainian American House is an organization committed to providing an effective platform for Ukrainian-American cooperation in the humanitarian, economic, cultural, educational, social, and political spheres, including: promoting awareness and education about Ukraine in the U.S., ensuring the ongoing delivery of humanitarian aid to Ukraine, supporting Ukrainian refugees in the United States, and strategically planning for the economic recovery of Ukraine post-war. For more information about our relief efforts, www.uahouse.org or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.